Sunday, October 13, 2013

Product Review

Ballistic MAXX phone case for the Galaxy S3.
I bought the SAMSUNG GALAXY S III BALLISTIC SG MAXX SERIES CASE about a year ago with the purchase of my Samsung Galaxy S3 phone. The case comes with four separate pieces, including a holster clip, screen protector, silicone skin, and a hard outer case. The case comes in a variety of colors, mine is grey and white. I opened the product while in the store, which turned out to be a good idea. It was a bit complicated to get the case on, and I did need the assistance of a sales employee the first time. I find it a bit annoying whenever I need to take the case off, but I rarely need to.

After a year, the case is still very durable. I have dropped the phone to many times to count. It has landed on sidewalk concrete, in toilet bowl water, and slid into a cup of soda. My phone and the case survived every time. I believe the tight fit of the screen protector and silicone skin protected it from the liquid. (not water proof, just water resistant) The extra padding on the corners allowed the phone to bounce a bit and prevent cracking. I would caution anyone cleaning the screen protector to do so gently. I pushed too hard and it ended up cracking in my hands. (you can buy just the screen protector online)

I don’t use the holster clip, because I never found it safe to have my phone on my hip. I always feared someone just bumping into me, my phone falls and they run off with it. Annie, a reviewer on the Ballistic website, says she loves the clip and uses it to clip it to her purse. Many reviews on the Amazon reviews page complain about the blur from the screen protector. Specifically, Sai Ko Man complains “It has a iridescent grainy look which is very distracting. Pictures look horrible and you have to zoom into websites more to be able to read the text.” I didn’t have this problem, before breaking it, and felt that there was no measurable difference. Overall, the case will last and is extremely durable. It’s a bit bulky, but the bulk is what adds the extra protection.

Below is a video demonstrating the drop protection that the case gives your Galaxy S3 phone.


If you would like to purchases the case, I recommend using Amazon. It's almost half the list price. Here's a quick link to the Amazon page for purchasing.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the info regarding the phone case. I really need to get a case for my samsung phone and this was a helpful review. Hope your classes are going well!

    ReplyDelete